Friday, March 8, 2013

When life gives you lemons; you throw a Lemon Drizzle Cake back at it!

Cook you way through all the sadness and sorrows! Yes that's the only attitude to have!

I have to share this Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe with you today because this is the only recipe you will ever need! especially if you are new to baking like me. Yes its true, throw me any ingredient and I will give you a plate of food but when it comes to baking *_* Its not like I am not used to it. During times like Diwali, we ( my whole family gets involved) make almost 20 different types of cookies and cakes. Picture a sweat shop (well a cleaner, nicer, filled with laughter one) with my mum project managing everything. My sisters making the dough, my brothers cutting them, me decorating them and my dad, the oven master. Ahh fun times ( :

OK I am rambling again! The point of that story was baking was a family thing and I have never been that comfortable doing it on my own. Till now .. you see, I married a man who loves his cake; and what do they say again?? The way to a man's heart is through yummy cakes?? :p


Here's my easy yet scrumptious Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe.

All you need is:
For the Cake:
1 cup of Butter
1 cup caster sugar
4 eggs
2 lemon zest - grated
1 cup self raising flour

For the Drizzle:
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 lemons juice

1) Heat up your oven to 180'C - grease an 8 inch tin with butter ( i didn't use any paper)
2) Beat the butter and sugar till its all mixed well. Then add the eggs 1 by 1 and continue beating the mixture.
2) Add the flour and the lemon zest to the mixture and mix well.
3) Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes - test the center with a stick, and if there is no sticky bits, then cake is done. Set aside to cool


1) Beat the sugar and lemon juice to make drizzle. Once cake is cooled, take a fork, poke the cake all over and drizzle as much as you like.



Nice, soft fluffy center with a zesty top!


I promise you this is worth a try!

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to bake a lemon drizzle cake from the time I saw this pix. So I'd be baking tomorrow. With a different recipe but it's all about the same really :)
    Can I steal one of these pics ? I will tag you when I post it on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun .. yeah sure, take whichever picture you want. (: My cake didnt last long! and it was only just me and the hubbs :p

    im gonna try and make lemon shortbread cookies today ( :

    xx

    ReplyDelete