Thursday, February 14, 2013

This Valentines, Love Yourself A Lil More!


A few years ago someone told me in order to live a happy and fulfilled life, one has to learn to love themselves first. Not your partner, not your family, not your friends, not your pets, nothing else but yourself. 
Easier said than done I think.

I have always been a person who will put my loved ones first in any situation and take the hit if I needed to. I would save £500 just to buy a gift for someone and think 100 times if I should spend £50 on myself. I would drive 2 hours in the middle of the night to meet someone if they needed me but I would happily sleep in pain because I cant be bothered. I would buy groceries and cook if someone needs it but here I am skipping my lunch for the past week due to work.

So like I said, its not easy to love yourself more. Or maybe its me .. I can never seem to put myself first. Maybe I get it from my mother, but then I have seen people she love, people that she has done so much for, throw it back at her face and hurt her. So is this why people say love yourself more and when something bad happens, you wont feel as crappy?

Its all about trying to love and appreciate yourself more so you can love and appreciate others fully. Let go of all our anger, all our worries, all our mistakes and all our failings. Forgive ourselves for the things we are not proud of and humbly change for the better. We need to stop being negative, make peace with our self and people around us. We need to be kind to our self more and appreciate our self more. STOP JUDGING! You are not that bad after all. 

Again, all this is easier said then done. but in order to be truly happy, one must try.... and keep trying..

This valentines I wish for true happiness  Not the kind gifts or cards give you, but the kind where you can wake up everyday saying ahh it feel like valentines everyday. 


I wish for more love, more joy, more happiness and more patience to achieve it.


2 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vincent,

      Thank you for the invite. I will definitely look into Petitchef. I have always loved cooking and only recently started documenting everything and taking more pictures of everything I cook. Thanks again!

      Delete