Its been freezing cold here so a casserole was definitely a good idea. Recipe below ( :
6 large spiced sausages
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large red onion - chopped
1 small bulb of garlic - chopped (reduce to taste)
3 large chilies - chopped
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 can of chopped cherry tomatoes
3 sticks of celery - cubed
1 carrot cubed
10 cheshnut mushrooms - cut into halves
100ml chicken stock
1 can red kidney beans (use any beans you like)
1 spoon of corn flour
coriander - chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat up large pot, add olive oil, then add onions,garlic and chili.
2) Add the sausages when the onions start to sweat. Brown the sausages and add the cumin, cinnamon and paprika
3) Throw in the celery,carrots, mushrooms and can of tomatoes. Stir for about 1 minute
4) Add the red kidney beans and chicken stock.
5) Simmer on slow heat for 45 minutes, salt and pepper to taste. Then add the corn flour to thicken up the sauce.
6) Finally add coriander and serve with mash, crusty bread or even rice.
*change as you please as this is my own recipe
So as the name suggest, it was super with super foods like beans,sausages, veg and delicious! and the leftovers is gonna be even better tomorrow! *bigwidehappysmile*
What do you think?!!