Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday Roast Served - BlackPepper Lamb Steaks with Dill Sweet Potato Wedges!!


Lavender and vanilla scented candles??? NO! My house was filled with the glorious smell of black pepper and dill yesterday! Aahhhhh .. You know how sometimes when you cook, you just know the food is going kick ass. This was one of my kick ass moments. Everything fell into place. I often over do my steaks and this time, I got it just right! The meat was medium done, melt in your mouth soft and juicy. You don’t believe me do ya? Well I didn’t … until I ate it .. and I kept eating it till it was all gone. To be fair, the hubbs did agree with me. It was like eating Gordon Ramsay’s roast he says .. or more like I said! hahah .. ok maybe he was being a little too kind! But I’ll take it! :p


This black pepper lamb steaks are so easy to do and like I said, it will kick any other grill’s ass! Recipe for the lamb and all sides are as below.

Black Pepper Lamb Steak
4 lamb steaks
3 tablespoon of black pepper sauce
½ teaspoon of minced garlic
1)      Marinate steaks, black pepper sauce and garlic for couple of hours.
2)      Heat up pan, a few drops of olive oil, and grill the lamb for about 3 minutes a side (I like mine medium)
3)      Leave to rest
4)      For the sauce; in the same pan, use the leftover marinate and the juices from the rested meat, 1 tablespoon of water, and let it thicken before you drizzle it back on your steaks!


Dill Sweet Potato Wedges
1 large Sweet Potato
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
Handful of fresh chopped Dill
Salt and pepper
1)      Mix all the ingredients, leave for 30 minutes and dry fry till cooked in a pan


Seriously! It can’t get any simpler!

Corn
2 medium Corn
1)      Boil for 5 minutes, and then grill with olive oil in a pan

Salad
Mix salad leaves
Cherry tomatoes
Tangerines
Pine nuts
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
1)      Mix All salad ingredients together
·         I love adding fruits to my salad, just makes it a little more special I think.


EAT!

Everything really went well together and I am glad I mixed those flavors together. Must keep mixing! 

You like?  ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment