Monday, February 11, 2013

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Drumsticks with a bulb of roasted Garlic, Paprika and Lemon Thyme Sweet Potato Wedges and Cucumber and Corn Coleslaw (my triple C salad) - NOW THAT'S A MOUTHFUL!


So I have been cooking a lot lately and it’s such a great stress relief for me. I absolutely LOVE IT! I did this Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Drumsticks with a bulb of roasted Garlic, with Paprika and Lemon Thyme Sweet Potato Wedges and Cucumber and Corn Coleslaw (my triple C salad). Yummy?? Yes it was, if I may say so myself. :p

Now for the chicken,
4 pieces of chicken drumstick
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
3 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
A nice splosh of Teriyaki sauce
A few drops of sesame oil (optional)
Some Olive oil – to the roasting pan base
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste

Leave to marinate and bake at 200 degrees for 30mins, turn the chicken and further bake for 30mins. Roast a bulb of garlic as well, cut the top, sprinkle some sea salt and olive oil.

The wedges came out absolutely gorgeous too! Get a couple of sweet potato, wash and remove all dirt, cut into wedges, add salt, pepper, a good handful of smoked paprika, lemon thyme and let to marinate for 20 mins. Heat up a pan, a bit of olive oil and dry fry the wedges in slow fire. Once they are cooked, crank up the fire for a crispy skin.

I didn’t have carrots to make the usual coleslaw so I substituted it with some fresh corn. Also left the cucumber chunky. Some salt, pepper, light mayo, lemon juice and done.

A happy tummy makes a happy heart! <3 o:p="">


No comments:

Post a Comment