Saturday, February 23, 2013

Egg Fried Pasta with Prawns and Mushrooms


Are you tired of the same old pasta with tomato sauce or creamy white sauce? Then stir-fry the damn thing!! Hahaha .. Coming from Malaysia and with all the glorious Chinese influence, I have tried to stir-fry almost everything. So have a look at my easy to make pasta stir fry with prawns, mix veg and eggs. Ideal for anytime of the day!

You would need:
250g boiled Fusilli pasta
250g raw prawns
1 tablespoon of olive oil
5 cloves of garlic – reduce to taste
3 large chestnut mushroom – sliced
Broccoli and cauliflower – or any veg in your fridge
2 eggs
2 teaspoon of chili paste
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
Sesame oil – to drizzle at the end


1)      Boil the pasta – make sure it’s a little underdone as it will cook more when you stir fry – set aside
2)      Heat pan with olive oil, add garlic, chili paste mushrooms and prawns. Stir fry till everything browns a little
3)      Add veg, pasta, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and stir. Then add the eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir fry again
4)      Turn off heat, add a few drops of sesame oil and give it a good mix.

5)   EAT!


As easy as peas ..

2 comments:

  1. It looks very delicious. I try this recipe tomorrow. Today I have a lot of work. My boss watching me, so I'm not bored in work ;) Maybe I should change my office job? If I was a chef I might cook at work and nobody complaint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cytaty! Its really easy to make and a nice change from fried rice. Plus we always have pasta in our kitchen right? (:
      Hahaha .. I would love to be a chef as well!! then we get to do what we love and get paid for it as well!! Let me know how you got on. take care

      Delete