Friday, February 22, 2013

Coriander & Lemon Grass Roast Leg of Lamb

Lamb is definitely one of my most favorite things in the world. If its in a stew or curry, the meat has to be so soft it drops out of the bone, and if its a roast, it has to be medium done. Most roast lamb recipes always include things like rosemary and red wine and all the typical ingredients. But this time I was craving for an Asian inspired roast lamb. So I opened up my fridge and took out all the Asian stuff I had :p

I really didn't know how this was going to turn out but I was willing to give it a go! Recipe as below ( ;

a nice cut of Lamb joint - for 2 people (remember the better the lamb quality, the better the taste)
1 bunch of coriander
1 lemongrass
1 small onion
5 cloves of garlic - add more if you like
3 birds eye chili - the really spicy one - reduce if you don't like it spicy
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
2 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoon of olive oil
Lemon wedges - to keep the roast moist
Salt and pepper to taste

1) Blend all the ingredients - except the lamb of coz!
2) Salt and pepper the lamb - and add marinate
3) Leave for a couple of hours or overnight
4) Roast at 200C for 40 minutes , then turn and roast another 40 minutes or so. Cook longer if you like it well done! and please increase time, if you use a bigger cut.

I also used up the balance juices to make a nice sauce. It was easy to make and goes with pretty much any sides.

This recipe actually turned out better than I expected and I think the next time I do it, I will add more chili to it. I am Malaysian after all!!

So whatcha think?? ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment