Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crispy Fried Chicken Drummets

So for dinner today, all I had was some chicken drummets, and after much contemplation ( if I should do an easy stir fry or some black pepper sauce), I decided to go all out and make some crispy fried chicken wings. plus the last time I ate fried chicken was somewhere during Christmas, so I am allowed my dose of unhealthy-ness!

This is definitely not a dish to be eaten everyday, but better to do this yourself than buy it from a disgusting chicken and chip shop. I always have this image of these restaurant cooks frying just about almost anything in that fryer using years of unchanged burnt oil! A little over exaggerated but you get my flow.

Now back to the recipe,

The batter:
4 tablespoon of Plain Flour
4 Tablespoon of Corn Flour
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
salt to taste
100ml Cold water


The Chicken drummets - about 15
Oil to fry
Salt and pepper for seasoning

1) Wash and pat dry all the drummets, add a little salt and pepper
2) Beat all the batter ingrediance together
3) Coat the drummets with the batter and shallow fry till golden and crispy



4) Enjoy with sweet chili dip or ranch dip

It was crispy and a hint of chili which gave more flavor to the chicken. If you have a good batter recipe, let me know. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment