Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Basil Infused Mango and Prawn Salad - Lunch Box Treats!


If you personally know me, then you would know I love anything mango, and for those of you that have never met me, well now you do know a little bit more about me! I love it sliced, cubed, ice creamed, curried, dried heck I even lovee it in my shampoo!

So many kinds of mangoes out there that I can rave about but that will need a separate post on itself. Only because its that special to me. Anyways, this is a quick salad recipe, lovely for lunch or as a side. Plump prawns and the mango go so well together ( :

All you need is :
250g raw jumbo prawns
½ teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of sweet chili sauce
1 small shallot – finely chopped
A few Basil leaves - chopped
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 ripe mango - cubed
1 ripe avocado - cubed
Salt and pepper to taste

1)      Marinate the prawns with garlic, sweet chili sauce, shallots, basil and olive oil. Leave to marinate 30 minutes or so. Heat up a pan and dry fry all of it.


2)      Cube the mango and avocado
3)      Mix all together and add lemon juice, salt and pepper
4)      EAT! :p


It’s so easy a 3 year old can do it! *With supervision of coz :p Took me about 15 minutes to do it all and it was good. The basil really went nicely with the prawns and mango. This ones a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment