Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Are Cordially Invited...

Wedding invitations can get really expensive sometimes. But I really don’t see a point to this. As I was browsing thru the net, I came across some cards which cost like £10 per card! What the &£*% !! 10 freaking pound on a card which will be thrown away. Why the hell would I pay so much for a card people will read once and throw away. I mean, if I was inviting like 50 people, then I might think about it. but i am Indian and there is no way I will be calling just 50 people. Haha .. More like 500 people. (Mum and I are still arguing about the number. Now, that’s another story all together).

We have always wanted to make our own cards anyways. It’s much more personalised, fun and extremely cheap. Now I’m not saying just get an A4 paper, write the date and time and post it off to people. That’s just plain cheapskate! Of coz I want a nice card; I just didn’t want to pay someone else to do it.

So we came up with a few ideas and finally decided on a scroll like card. It is simple and nice, well at least for us, as that’s the most important thing. Anyways, coming back to the card, we went to Hobby Crafts on Saturday and got some materials for our card. We needed like a deep red paper for the base, a white/cream pattern paper for the info, ribbons, decorative flowers/bows/odd stuff to try and also one of those design punchers thingy. Well, our first prototype wasn’t that bad after all. We managed to do several different ones so compare with.





Excited Excited Excited !!

No comments:

Post a Comment