Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chesham on fire

I left earlier than usual to get to work today. As I got to the petrol station at the start of Chesham town, I knew I was in big trouble. The traffic was the worst I have seen. All side roads were blocked and re directed. I then saw about 5 fire trucks going by and about 20 police cars. Looked up to the sky and it was filled with dark thick smoke. As I was driving by, I really hoped no one was hurt. A normal 10 minute route took 50minutes. Uuggghhhh!!! I didn’t expect the fire to be that big but below is what I read:

THE street where a blaze devastated the Royal British Legion Hall in Chesham today has now been reopened to motorists. Broad Street was shut when more than 50 firefighters were called to the fire, which began at around 3.30am. It engulfed the entire two storey building and left the roof completely destroyed. Crews from Chesham, Amersham, Great Missenden, Beaconsfield, Aylesbury, Stokenchurch, Berkhamsted and Tring attended the scene, alongside a canteen van from Aylesbury. The cause of the fire is not yet clear, but it is thought an investigation began around an hour ago. Sniffer dogs have been sent into the stricken building to help determine the cause.


On my way back home, I managed to snap a few pictures to show DoobieBaby.


After dinner ( fish curry with ladies fingers, cucumber salad and rice ), I cut up some strawberries and a sweet mango. Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment