Monday, March 30, 2009

Black Pepper Chicken with kids anyone?

No I didn’t have any kids for dinner. 2 different stories. The area I live at is filled with kids. Really, 1 family has like 4 to 5 kids..OhMyGod! I mean, first of all, why would you have 5 kids especially in these times. Can you afford to give them the best? Do you even have time to take care of all 5? Obviously not! Your 9 year old was taking care of all the little ones!!uugghhh! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I come from a family of 5 too. But we were brought up with discipline, we were thought good and bad and also sometimes smacked ! Here in the UK, kids sue their parents for doing so. I saw a 3 year old swearing at his mum and the mum didn’t do anything. She didn’t even tell him not to speak that way. God. Do you remember the last time you swore at your mum and she let you go?

Anyways, bottom line is, I don’t care if you wana have even 10 kids, as long as you don’t let them run around like monkeys when I am trying to park my car! You let them roam around as they wish and it becomes my fault when I run over one! Okok ..I’m not being mean nor saying its ok to run them over. Just that you keep your kids on your side of the road and I will keep my car on my side. Deal ?

Now coming back to something more interesting - it’s been a long time since I cooked black pepper chicken. I love it.

1 Finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger and some chillies, 1 star anise, some cinnamon
500g chicken
1 medium tomato - chopped
Mix veggie (baby corn, carrots, sometimes I even put potatoes)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon rice wine
A few drops of sesame oil
Coriander – chopped finely

Fry the onion,garlic,ginger and chillies. Add the chicken and tomatoes – stir fry for 30 seconds, then add all the sauce and add half a glass of water. Taste and add salt or pepper accordingly. Once the chicken is cooked, add the mix veggie (if you want to add the potato, then do it when you add the chicken). Let it cook for another 2 minutes, finally add the coriander. 1 more minute and it’s done.

Have it with steamed rice and cut cucumbers.

Nite Nite ( ;

No comments:

Post a Comment